The following UVa commitments were confirmed to be in Scott Stadium for Saturday night’s win over the Miami Hurricanes…
– Sonny Abramson, QB, Pope John XXIII (Sparta, N.J.), Class of 2016, (Abramson committed on Saturday before the Miami game.)
– Cole Blackman, WR, Glen Allen (VA), Class of 2016
– Rasool Clemons, DE, South Aiken (Aiken, S.C.), Class of 2015
– Tanner Cowley, TE, Manasquan (N.J.), Class of 2015
– Eli Hanback, OL/DT, Patrick Henry (Ashland, VA), Class of 2015
– Nick Johns, QB, Gonzaga (Washington, D.C.), Class of 2015
– Kareem McDonald, LB, Wilson (Washington, D.C.), Class of 2015
– Christopher Sharp, RB, Hun School (Princeton, N.J.), Class of 2015
– Jahvoni Simmons, LB, Ocean Lakes (Virginia Beach, VA), Class of 2015
Charlotte (Punta Gorda, FL) senior offensive lineman Grant Polk, who plans on enrolling at UVa in January of 2015, was not at the game but did take notice of the win.
My weekend just got so much better! #Wahoowa
– Class of 2015 defensive end target Houshun Gaines made the trek to Charlottesville for an unofficial visit. Gaines, who attends Nash Central (Rocky Mount, N.C.), is considering Miami, Vanderbilt, Virginia and Virginia Tech. I still think Virginia Tech may be the team to beat right now, but we’ll see what he says following the trip to Charlottesville.
– Class of 2016 offensive lineman Mike Carney, a 6’5″, 315-pound prospect out of Lake Taylor High School in Norfolk, Virginia. Carney has been offered by the Hoos.
– We believe Phoebus (Hampton, VA) class of 2016 wide receiver Elijah Nelson was in attendance as well. At this point we are not sure of Nelson’s standing in terms of an offer from Virginia.
– Westlake (Atlanta, GA) class of 2016 defensive tackle Tarveres Tate Jr. was in attendance. At this point he does not have an offer from the Hoos.
– Class of 2017 quarterback target Alex Faniel attended the Miami game. The St. Christopher’s (Richmond, VA) standout has offers from NC State, UVa, and Virginia Tech.
– Stud class of 2018 tailback Ricky Slade, a product of Hylton High School (Woodbridge, VA), was in Scott Stadium last night. The fantastic freshman boasts offers from Clemson, Iowa, Maryland, Ohio State, South Carolina, Virginia and Virginia Tech.
4-star linebacker Ricky DeBerry Jr., one of UVa’s top remaining targets in the class of 2015, may not have been at the game but acknowledged the win.
Let's go UVA
— Rick DeBerry (@TheFranchize__) November 22, 2014