The University of Virginia football program hosts a Junior Day recruiting event today, only it won’t just be high school juniors in attendance. Below is a rundown of those prospects we have confirmed will be in Charlottesville. We will update the list as we confirm more names and will provides updates throughout the weekend and into next week.
– As reported on TheSabre earlier this week, North Stafford (Stafford, VA) sophomore tight end/defensive lineman Nana Asiedu and dynamic freshman running back Devyn Ford plan to visit Virginia today. Coach Mendenhall has offered both prospects, who EDGE subscribers can read more about in this article from Thursday.
– Carver (Winston-Salem, N.C.) athlete Germane Crowell, a junior, will be in attendance today. If the name sounds familiar, it should. His father, Germane, starred at wide receiver at UVA before moving on to the NFL. Virginia has offered the younger Crowell, but so has Duke, Florida, Kentucky, Penn State and Virginia Tech, among others.
– The Daily Progress reported on Thursday that five prospects out of Woodberry Forest (VA) plan to travel to Charlottesville today. One of those prospects is tight end prospect John Kirven, who verbally committed to UVA when Mike London was head coach. Kirven, a junior, remains committed to the Cavaliers.
Woodberry Forest junior quarterback Lindell Stone was offered by UVA when London was coach. We will see if the 6’2″, 205-poud signal caller’s offer still stands with the new staff. A highly regarded prospect, Stone boasts scholarship offers from Cincinnati, Indiana, Maryland, Mississippi, UCLA, Wake Forest and Wisconsin, among others.
Coach Bronco Mendenhall has extended a scholarship offer to 6’1″, 185-pound Terrell Jana, a junior wide receiver/defensive back prospect out of Woodberry Forest. Maryland and Old Dominion have also offered Jana, who will be on Grounds today.
Abiola Bebe Olaniyan, a 6’1″, 185-pound junior defensive back, and Kyle Bilodeau, a 6’4″, 225-pound sophomore tight end, are also expected to attend according to the Daily Progress.
– Landmark Christian (Fairburn, GA) junior safety/wide receiver Joey Blount will be in attendance for today’s event. On February 22, UVA became the first school to offer the 6’2″, 175-pound prospect.
BASKETBALL COMMIT SET TO VISIT
Corey Evans reports that at least two other basketball recruits are visiting in addition to Hunter. They are Greenbelt (MD) Eleanor Roosevelt shooting guard Naji Marshall and Gonzaga (Washington, D.C.) guard Prentiss Hubb.
Marshall, a junior, reportedly has offers from Florida State, Virginia Tech and VCU, among others. Hubb reportedly has offers from Cincinnati, Maryland, NC State, and Xavier.
NEW OFFERS FROM UVA FOOTBALL
– Spring Valley (Huntington, W.V.) offensive lineman Riley Locklear has seen his recruitment absolutely blow up the past few weeks.
Offers this week alone include Virginia, Syracuse, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Cal, Tennessee offered so far this week. UNC, Penn State, Vanderbilt, Miami, West Virginia, Florida State offered the week before. FAU and Marshall offered previously.
– Matthew Butler, a defensive lineman out of Garner (N.C.), has picked up an offer from Virginia. Duke, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, NC State, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Vanderbilt and Virginia Tech have offered as well.
– Per Mike Dyer, UVA is the latest to offer Kings (King Mills, OH) offensive lineman Matt Sichterman. The 6’5″, 265-pound junior also boasts offers from Cincinnati, Colorado State, Kentucky, Nebraska, Pittsburgh, Rutgers and West Virginia, among others.
– 6’1″, 185-pound junior quarterback Tracin Wallace of South Hills (Fort Worth, TX) reportedly has an offer from the Hoos now. Click here for Wallace’s Hudl.com profile, which includes highlights.