The University of Virginia is the pick for Rivals and Scout 3-star talent Ugo Obasi, a 6’2”, 170-pound wide receiver prospect out of Milford Mill in Baltimore, Maryland. Obasi revealed via Twitter that he has chosen the Cavaliers over Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Temple and Wisconsin.
— Ugoat〽️ (@ugogotswg) June 24, 2017
Obasi gives Virginia football coach Bronco Mendenhall 11 commitments in the class of 2018. Two of the 11 — Obasi and Florida slot receiver/returner Tavares Kelly — are being recruited as receivers. The class also boasts one quarterback, three offensive linemen, three linebackers, two safeties and one placekicker.
A two-way player at Milford Mill, Obasi hauled in 49 catches for 939 yards and 13 touchdowns in 2016. He added four interceptions from the free safety spot his junior season.
In addition to those five schools mentioned above, Obasi also claimed offers from Boston College, Duke, East Carolina, Vanderbilt, and Wake Forest. An excellent student, the Milford Mill product also received heavy interest from a number of Ivy League schools.
See UVA’s updated 2018 Class below followed by highlights of the Hoos’ newest pledge.
UVA’s 2018 Recruiting Class
– Joe Bissinger, OL, Memorial (Houston, TX)
– Javar Garrett, LB, Peddie School (Hightstown, N.J.)
– Case Gatlin, LB, IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)
– Bobby Haskins, OL, The Hun School (Princeton, N.J.)
– Tavares Kelly, WR/PR/KR, St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
– Will Lawrence, OL, Memphis Harding Academy (Memphis, TN)
– Ugo Obasi, WR, Milford Mill (Baltimore, MD)
– Hunter Pearson, PK, Seneca (S.C.)
– Wyatt Rector, QB, Leesburg (FL)
– Noah Taylor, OLB, Avalon (Gaithersburg, MD)
– Joseph White, S, Landstown (Virginia Beach, VA)