Despite a 12:30 kickoff, a solid group of recruits were on hand for Virginia’s home contest against North Carolina. Here is the rundown…
The following UVa class of 2015 commits were confirmed to be in attendance…
– Richard Burney Jr., TE
– Tanner Cowley, TE
– Eli Hanback, OL/DT (Hanback was accompanied by a handful of his teammates)
– RJ Proctor, OL
– Jahvoni Simmons, LB
– C.J. Stalker, LB
– Juan Thornhill, DB (Teammates Darius and Demetrius Johnson, twin brothers who each stand about 6’4″ or 6’5″ and play football and basketball along with Thornhill, were there as well, though I’m not sure if they are on UVa football’s radar or not at this point. They are both seniors.)
CLASS OF 2015 TARGETS
Craft, a 6’2″, 185-pound prospect, was a Virginia Tech basketball recruit until this past spring. He is now open and considering football as an option on the major college level. Last week, UVa became the first FBS school to offer the talented athlete.
Jennings has had a Virginia offer for quite some time. The 6’2″, 190-pound senior recently added offers from North Carolina and Notre Dame to go along with Boston College, Vanderbilt, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
CLASS OF 2016 TARGETS
St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes (Alexandria, VA) tight end Andrew Trainer and linebacker/fullback Landan Word, son of former UVa running back Barry Word, were in Scott Stadium yesterday. Trainer, a 6’7″, 240-pound prospect, reportedly has an offer from Virginia. TheSabre confirmed previously that the Hoos have offered Word, who also reportedly has offers from Boston College and Charlotte. At last check UVa was high on Landan’s list, but I’ll check back again for the latest on his recruitment.
Word attended Gonzaga College last year but transferred to Bishop O’Connell in Arlington, Virginia, before his junior year.
Other class of 2016 visitors…
– Zach Adams, a 6’6″, 285-pound offensive lineman out of Riverbend (Fredericksburg, VA). No offer from Virginia at this point.
– Harrison Kiser, a place-kicker/punter out of Page High School in Greensboro, North Carolina. Not sure of where Kiser stands with respect to an offer, but at this point I don’t believe he has one.
CLASS OF 2017
The following high school sophomores were at the Virginia/UNC game. Where they stand with UVa is unclear at this point.
– Garrett Groulx, a 6’3″, 215-pound defensive end out of Davidson Day (Davidson, N.C.)
– Chase Monroe, a 6’2″, 210-pound linebacker out of Davidson Day (Davidson, N.C.)
– David Kroll, a 6’4″, 280-pound sophomore offensive lineman out of South Lakes (Reston, VA).