Here is the latest on how Virginia football’s recruits performed on the field in the previous week, beginning with the “Gridiron Stars”…
– Tre Harbison carried the load in Shelby (N.C.) Crest’s 27-12 victory over Chase last week. Harbison, now a Virginia signee, rushed 33 times for 217 yards and two touchdowns in the win, which kept the Chargers undefeated at 6-0. On the season, the standout senior has rushed 116 times for 837 yards and 11 touchdowns.
– Laderrien Wilson rushed for 191 yards and two touchdowns in Kissimmee (FL) Osceola’s win over Ridge Community. The Kowboys are now 5-1 and the 5’10”, 208-pound Wilson has been a key contributor, rushing for 843 yards and nine scores on the year.
EDGE subscribers can read my update on Wilson by clicking here.
– Highlands Ranch (CO) Valor Christian, which features UVa-bound offensive lineman Dillon Reinkensmeyer, defeated Overland last week by a score of 45-20. The Eagles then dispatched Eaglecrest last night, 23-12, to move to 4-2 on the season. Highlights of Reinkensmeyer’s performance versus Overland are below.
– UVa-bound wide receiver recruit Joseph Reed‘s big-play ability wasn’t enough as Charlotte Court House (VA) Randolph-Henry dropped a 47-30 decision to Amelia County. The Statesmen are now 2-4.
Reed, who is his team’s quarterback, had two impressive highlights in last week’s loss. Check them out below…
– Wide receiver recruit Cole Blackman had three catches for 57 yards in his Mechanicsville (VA) Atlee debut; however, the Raiders lost to a talented Highland Springs squad, 49-24. The loss was the Raiders first of the season. They won three straight to start the season.
Blackman transferred to Atlee from Glen Allen in September.
– Linebacker/defensive end Matt Terrell recovered a fumble and took it 52 yards for a touchdown in Lynchburg (VA) Liberty Christian Academy’s 49-0 win over visiting Maury. LCA evened its record to 3-3 with the win.
Like Harbison, Terrell signed grant-in-aid papers with UVa last week.
– Linebacker Robert Snyder and his Suwanee (GA) Collins Hill teammates have rebounded from an 0-3 start with three straight wins, including last week’s 24-7 victory over Mountain View. All three wins have come against Region 7-AAAAAA competition.
Check out Snyder’s highlights from last week’s win below.
HOW THE REST OF UVA’S COMMITS FARED LAST WEEK
WON: Sonny Abramson, QB, Sparta (N.J.) Pope John XXIII (3-2); Nick Grant, ATH, Spotsylvania (VA) Courtland (4-1); Bryce Hall, DB/WR, Harrisburg (PA) Bishop McDevitt (5-0); Ben Knutson, OL, Mishawaka (IN) Penn (6-1); Jordan Mack, S, Norcross (GA) Wesleyan (6-0); Neru NShaka, WR, Hallandale (FL) (4-1) (Note: NShaka is out for the season with a knee injury.); Stephen Spanellis, OL, Baltimore (MD) Gilman (5-1)
LOST: Christian Baumgardner, TE, Ocean City (N.J.) (4-0); Deedrick Daniels Jr., CB, Tampa (FL) Chamberlain (0-5); Aidan Howard, ATH, Monroeville (PA) Gateway (3-2); Kenneth Ruff, LB, Fort Lauderdale (FL) Dillard (3-2); Andrew Trainer, TE, Alexandria (VA) St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes (3-2); Landan Word, LB/ATH, Arlington (VA) Bishop O’Connell (1-4)
DID NOT PLAY: Darrius Bratton, CB/WR, Roanoke (VA) William Fleming (2-3); Hasise Dubois, WR, Wayne (N.J.) DePaul Catholic (1-3); Chris Moore, DB, Ashburn (VA) Broad Run (5-0); Stephen Moye, DE, Lilburn (GA) Parkview (3-2)