Since our last Virginia football recruiting “Week In Review,” UVA’s class of 2018 has gone from 20 to 18, with Beaver Area (PA) defensive tackle Bryce Ramer and IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL) linebacker Case Gatlin reopening their recruitments. How did the remaining future Hoos perform on the gridiron last week? Let’s get to it …
– Wyatt Rector, QB, Leesburg (FL)
Vanguard held Rector to just 131 total yards (103 passing, 28 rushing) and the Leesburg offense scoreless, capturing a 47-0 victory. Leesburg drops to 2-3 on the year. On the season, Rector has completed 65-of-138 passes for 1,227 yards with 7 TDs and 6 INTs. He also has 63 rushes for 307 yards and 9 scores, although he has only 60 yards rushing on 21 carries the past two outings (stats per MaxPreps).
– Tavares Kelly, WR/KR/PR, St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
St. Thomas Aquinas (3-1) played two games last week, destroying Stranahan, 44-0, on September 25 before falling to Centennial (Peoria, AZ), 12-0, on September 29. Kelly had 2 catches for 74 yards and 2 TDs in the win. See one of those scores below. He fumbled a punt to set up a Centennial score in the loss.
— Wells Dusenbury (@DuseReport) September 25, 2017
– Ugo Obasi, WR/DB, Milford Mill (Baltimore, MD)
Milford Mill improved to 4-1 after last week’s win over Parkville. Heading into the game, Obasi was credited with 11 catches for 248 yards and 5 touchdowns (stats per MaxPreps).
– Wooby Theork, WR, Naples (FL)
Theork tallied 112 return yards, including 64 yards worth of punt returns, as Naples (2-1) beat Palmetto Ridge 29-16.
– Joe Bissinger, OL, Memorial (Houston, TX)
Memorial (0-3) lost to Klein Collins, 38-10.
– Derek Devine, OL, North Allegheny (Wexford, PA)
North Allegheny defeated Mount Lebanon, 44-27, for its third straight win to move to 4-2.
– Bobby Haskins, OL, The Hun School (Princeton, N.J.)
The Hun School (4-0) beat Friendship Collegiate (Washington, D.C.), 20-8.
– Will Lawrence, OL, Harding Academy (Memphis, TN)
Harding has won two straight after dropping its first five. Last week, Lawrence and company defeated Northpoint Christian, 40-17.
– Martin Weisz, OL, The Benjamin School (Palm Beach Gardens, FL)
Benjamin (3-1) downed Pinecrest, 33-7, for its second straight win.
– Emmett McNamara, DL, Red Bank Catholic (Red Bank, N.J.)
Red Bank remained undefeated with a 49-12 victory over Colonia last week. In his team’s four games, the 6’6”, 250-pound McNamara has been credited with 13 tackles including 3 sacks (per MaxPreps). Check out his 4-game highlight film below, courtesy of Hudl.
– Samson Reed, DT, Kahuku (HI)
Kahuku defeated Campbell, 45-6, and is 7-1 heading into this week’s bye.
– Javar Garrett, LB, The Peddie School (Hightstown, N.J.)
Peddie (3-1) blew a 21-point lead before outlasting Malvern Prep, 43-36.
– TC Harrison, LB, Collins Hill (Suwanee, GA)
Collins Hill (3-3) downed Discovery, 45-12. Prior to this game, Collins amassed 25 tackles including 3 tackles for loss.
– Grant Misch, LB, Potomac Falls (Sterling, VA)
Potomac Falls’ roller coaster ride of a 2017 season continued as they dropped a 42-14 decision to Stone Bridge last week. Potomac Falls lost the first two games of 2017 but won three straight before last week’s contest against the Bulldogs.
– Noah Taylor, LB, Avalon (Gaithersburg, MD)
Avalon (2-4) takes on Kingsman Academy October 6. Here are some highlights of Taylor from an early season loss to top WCAC program DeMatha Catholic.
– DJ Brown, CB, St. John’s (Washington, D.C.)
St. John’s (2-2) had a bye last week. They are back in action on October 6 against WCAC-rival Good Counsel.
– Joseph White, DB, Landstown (Virginia Beach, VA)
White had a touchdown reception as the Eagles downed a previously unbeaten Ocean Lakes squad, 26-23, to move to 6-0 on the year.
– Hunter Pearson, PK, Seneca (S.C.)
Seneca (3-3) had a bye last week.