The Virginia football program has added another commitment to its 2020 Class. Sam Brady, a 6’4”, 195-pound rising senior athlete out of North Lincoln High School in Denver, North Carolina, announced his pledge to the Hoos Tuesday (June 18) morning.
— Sam Brady (@sam_brady8) June 18, 2019
Brady is a talented multi-sport athlete at North Lincoln. He started at wide receiver and safety for the varsity football squad last fall, and this spring he was part of the NCHS2AA state champion North Lincoln varsity baseball squad.
Brady’s impressive combination of size, athleticism and speed translates well to multiple positions on the next level. It appears, however, that Virginia likes him initially as a linebacker. Measuring in at around 6’4” and in the upper-190-pound range, the Tar Heel State standout posted 40-yard dash times of 4.68 and 4.62 seconds at The Opening Combine and The Opening Regional in Charlotte the weekend of April 27 and 28. He also posted shuttle times of 4.26 and 4.35 seconds, as well as vertical leaps of 37.4 and 37.3 inches.
Brady attended Virginia’s “Hoos Rising” camp on Monday (June 17). The Cavaliers have another such camp this Friday, June 21, along with an offensive/defensive lineman camp.
With commitments from Donovan Johnson this past Sunday and now Brady, Virginia is up to seven recruits in its class of 2020. In addition, Louisiana native Caleb Anderson, an athlete prospect, tweeted on Sunday that he had a “great time” at Virginia this past weekend, adding, “big news coming soon!”
Virginia Football’s 2020 Class
– Sam Brady, Linebacker/Athlete, North Lincoln (Denver, N.C.)
– Jahmeer Carter, Defensive Lineman, Archbishop Spalding (Severn, MD)
– Jimmy Christ, Offensive Lineman, Dominion (Sterling, VA)
– Ja’Darius Clark, Defensive Back, Alexandria (LA)
– Lavel Davis Jr., Wide Receiver, Woodland (Dorchester, S.C.)
– Donovan Johnson, Safety, Helen Cox (Harvey, LA)
– Jestus Johnson, Offensive Lineman, Gonzaga College (Washington, D.C.)