The internet home for Hoos anywhere and everywhere.

The Corner


Joined: 01/13/2003 Posts: 2560
Likes: 1721

Matches well with my experience. Also, getting shares in new company

Might be preferred depending on how long you’ve owned the stock. If it’s cashed out in less than a yr (I think) it’s taxed at the ordinary income rate (aka short-term cap gains). If you’ve owned for more than a yr, it should be treated as long term cap gains (I believe around 20% for Fed). So there could be a 10, 15, or even 20% additional tax on the gain if considered short term.

(In response to this post by MonsterTruck)

Posted: 04/07/2021 at 4:13PM


Insert a Link

Enter the title of the link here:

Enter the full web address of the link here -- include the "http://" part:

Current Thread:
  Depends on how the acquisition was done. -- MonsterTruck 04/07/2021 12:32PM

Get the Sabre Edge!

Subscribe to!