The internet home for Hoos anywhere and everywhere.

The Corner


Joined: 09/20/2006 Posts: 29989
Likes: 8486

No magic bullet - I'd start by calling the collection agency and asking

them to remove the item since it's settled. They may or may not.

If they don't, you can contest it. The collection agency may or may not respond to your challenge since it's already paid. They certainly would if it were still outstanding as its their only leverage to get you to pay up. Given that it's paid, they may decide it's not worth it.

So basically you either need to get them to agree to drop it from your report OR you need to contest it and have them not respond.

(In response to this post by HoosYourDaddy003)

Posted: 06/10/2021 at 09:01AM


Insert a Link

Enter the title of the link here:

Enter the full web address of the link here -- include the "http://" part:

Current Thread:
  Good info here already; another resource inside -- QBSacker 06/10/2021 10:47AM
  This is the answer. -- TheManUpstairs 06/10/2021 12:53PM
  OK I'm back... There's no magic science behind it... -- GtownHoo 06/10/2021 09:20AM
  Good info, G. ** -- Trigon 06/10/2021 10:59AM
  I would just try to contest it yourself first -- GtownHoo 06/10/2021 07:49AM

Get the Sabre Edge!

Subscribe to!

UVA Hoops Fans, Check Out Intangible