The internet home for Hoos anywhere and everywhere.

The Corner


Joined: 09/29/2013 Posts: 26623
Likes: 13920

OK I'm back... There's no magic science behind it...

And a lot of the folks below already said basically the same thing.

All you can really do is write letters to the collection agency and the original creditor and hope for the best. You can also file a dispute through the credit agencies, but typically that won't work in a case like this, where it is cut and dry. Aside from that, it's just time and effort.

There are a few websites that give you the specifics. Just check these out for the process and some insights into how to best word your letters for best results. Here are some options... (this walks you through the basics of it - it speaks mainly to inaccurate reports, not accurate ones, but gives you the general process). - samples of how to write dispute letters. - more general info - this one actually says medical credit issues should be alleviated once you pay, at least in your FICO 9 score.... - what you're really asking for is a "good will" deletion... This site talks about that. You KNOW you messed up, but you have great credit history otherwise... You're basically asking them to do you a solid.

(In response to this post by HoosYourDaddy003)

Posted: 06/10/2021 at 09:20AM


Insert a Link

Enter the title of the link here:

Enter the full web address of the link here -- include the "http://" part:

Current Thread:
  Good info here already; another resource inside -- QBSacker 06/10/2021 10:47AM
  This is the answer. -- TheManUpstairs 06/10/2021 12:53PM
  OK I'm back... There's no magic science behind it... -- GtownHoo 06/10/2021 09:20AM
  Good info, G. ** -- Trigon 06/10/2021 10:59AM
  I would just try to contest it yourself first -- GtownHoo 06/10/2021 07:49AM

Get the Sabre Edge!

Subscribe to!