Observations of today’s game from someone who never played football
1) Woods is a monster. I know he had 122 yards but felt like we could have feature him more. Heard Bronco say in the post game radio interview Woods is still getting into shape, conditioning factor. I think he is a mismatch at all times if Anae puts him in the right position.
2) Henry has become a very good wide receiver. His improvement between last year and this year isn’t just coaching, it’s the will to be better.
3) OL gave Armstrong all day to throw for the most part but didn’t have much of a push when running the ball.
4) Only bad thing I’ll say about Armstrong: he locked in on his #1 receiver for too long. We got away with it because of the OL protection but that won’t always be the case against better teams.
5) Too many trick/gadget plays. We got up early and it seemed we got too cute. I won’t mind it if these plays are a ploy against VT.
6) Stadium speakers suck
7) Get your beer ID/bracelet before kickoff, makes the line shorter. For the ND/VT game, BYOB as you will stand in line for an entire quarter.
8) First game back since 2019 and nothing beats a fall Saturday in Charlottesville.