1) Lucky 17
2) Response to arrival "Better than I could have hoped for"
3) #1 - Build relationships with athletic department
4) "Fun" and "insanity" on deck
5) Focus on ACCs and NCAAs
6) Recruits should have a role on the team.
"UVa is the #2 public school in the country" (Ed Note: #1 in my book). First and foremost - a really good student.
7) Won't abandon UVa's history of distance and 200 stroke excellence, but will continue to build up the sprints. Relays are key. Versatility - "swiss army knives"
8) Already using the lingo and catching on to local traditions: Grounds, Streaking The Lawn
9) Focus on: Nutrition, hydration, recovery
10) Long and lean - focus on dry land training
11) ALL DAY - Be a Champion 24/7
12) Alums: Go to 26:00 - Great comments! Shout out to Bo and Megan. 30 ACC titles in 18 years.
13) Respectful of Traditions, and adding New Traditions
I know I am old - no Gansta Rap for me - but I can't help but be optimistic about the future of UVA S&D.