Helmet logos courtesy of The Helmet Project
- Location: Location: Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, VA
- Game Date: Thursday, Nov. 15
- Game Time: 7:30 p.m.
- T.V. Info: ESPN
- Satellite Radio Info: Sirius 91, XM 91
- Exclusive Weather Updates: TheSabre.com’s Weather Page
- More Information: TheSabre.com’s Game Info Page
- Thursday’s game marks the 117th meeting between North Carolina and Virginia. This rivalry is tied for the fourth longest series in Football Bowl Subdivision history. The two schools have met every season since 1919 and there have been only four seasons since 1900 when they did not meet. UVa trails the all-time series 58-54-4.
- Virginia holds a 24-22 advantage in Charlottesville as North Carolina lost every road game in the series from 1981-2010 when the Tar Heels won 44-10 to stop the streak.
- Since the bye week, UVa rolled up 928 total yards over two games for a 464.0 yards per game average. The Hoos scored 10 offensive TDs as well. Carolina is averaging 488.7 yards per game, which is more than 40 yards per game more than the single-season school record of 441.8 in 1983.
- The Tar Heels have rushed for 200 or more yards in four of the last six games. The Cavaliers allowed 233 yards rushing against Miami on Saturday.
- Virginia quarterback Michael Rocco earned ACC Offensive Back of the Week honors after throwing for 300 yards and 4 TDs against the Hurricanes. With four career 300-yard passing games, he trails only Matt Schaub (8) and Aaron Brooks (6) for the most in program history.
Subscribe to read full story
Tired of low effort articles and clickbait? So are we. Subscribe to read great articles written by a full-time staff with decades of experience.
Already a subscriber? Login Here