Here is the latest “Week In Review” feature, which takes a look at how UVA football recruits performed on the gridiron in the previous week …
– Matt Gahm’s 16-yard interception return for a touchdown boosted Highland Park (Dallas, TX) to a 27-20 win over Lovejoy. The senior linebacker added six tackles, a pass breakup, and a fumble recovery in a performance that earned him Defensive player of the week honors.
– UVA-bound tailback Lamont Atkins continues to perform well in the 2016 season. Last week, Atkins rushed 13 times for 331 yards and three touchdowns as Lake Braddock (Burke, VA) handled Robinson, 36-7. Atkins added one reception for 13 yards as well as a tackle-for-loss for the undefeated Bruins (3-0).
Courtesy of Hudl, highlights of Atkins’ first three games of 2016 are below …
– Quarterback Lindell Stone completed 20-of-29 passes for 256 yards with five touchdowns and one interception as Woodberry Forest (VA) rolled over Bullis, 42-23. Stone has thrown for 1,143 yards, 13 touchdowns, and five interceptions in Woodberry’s (2-1) first three games.
Five of Stone’s completions last week went to Virginia athlete recruit Terrell Jana, who had 88 yards and two touchdowns against Bullis. Jana, who wears jersey no. 11, has totaled 17 receptions for 396 yards and seven touchdowns this season.
Courtesy of Hudl, highlights of Stone’s week 3 performance are below …
– Millbrook (Winchester, VA) senior running back PK Kier had touchdown runs of 66, 31, and 73 yards — all in the first half – as the Pioneers (4-0) rolled to a 42-17 home win over Kettle Run. Kier finished the game with 215 yards on seven carries and the three scores. Check out highlights of his performance below, courtesy of Hudl …
– Germane Crowell Jr. rushed eight times for 54 yards and threw an 11-yard touchdown pass as Carver (Winston-Salem, N.C.) captured a 27-7 win over Statesville. The win is the first of the season for the Yellowjackets (1-4).
How The Rest Of UVA’s Recruits Fared Last Week
– Darnell Pratt Jr., WR, Good Counsel (Olney, MD)
Good Counsel defeated Gilman, 23-17, and is now 3-0 on the year.
– Tyler Fannin, OL, Mill Creek (Hoschton, GA)
IDLE. The Hawks (4-0) travel to Collins Hill on September 23.
– Chris Glaser Jr., OL, Solon (OH)
The Comets (3-1) rebounded from their first loss of the season with a 53-21 win over Brunswick.
– Bryson Speas, OL, Dudley (Greensboro, N.C.)
Dudley defeated Pine Forest, 35-7, to improve to 5-0 on the season.
– John Kirven, DE, Woodberry Forest (VA)
Kirven, who plays defensive end and tight end for Woodberry, was in on two assisted tackles in Woodberry’s win over Bullis.
– Ryan Thaxton, DE, St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes (Alexandria, VA)
St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes lost to Severin, 18-14, to drop to 1-1 on the season.
– Tommy Christ, DL, Dominion (Sterling, VA)
Woodgrove handed Dominion a 24-14 loss last week, dropping the Titans to 2-2 on the season.
– Mandy Alonso, NT, Gulliver Prep (Miami, FL)
Gulliver Prep is now 1-3 on the season after losing to Monsignor Pace last week. The Raiders will try to snap a 2-game losing streak at home against Everglades Prep Academy on September 23.
MaxPreps.com credited Alonso with five tackles (three solo, two assisted), two tackles for loss, and a forced fumble against Monsingor Pace. Check out highlights of the future UVA nose tackle below (courtesy of MaxPreps).
– Joey Blount, S, Landmark Christian Academy (Fairburn, GA)
Landmark Christian (4-0) held Strong Rock Christian to 101 total yards in a 34-12 win. An undefeated Mount Vernon Presbyterian team comes to LCA on September 23.
Blount’s senior season highlights are below, courtesy of Hudl …
– Darrius Bratton, DB, Fork Union Military Academy (VA)
FUMA is now 3-1 after defeating Delaware, 24-21, at home on September 18.
– Zachariah Burton, DB, William Penn (New Castle, DE)
Burton had an interception in William Penn’s (1-1) loss to Middletown. Burton’s highlights from this contest are below, courtesy of MaxPreps …
– Brian Delaney, PK/P, Westfield (Chantilly, VA)
Westfield improved to 3-0 with a 21-14 win over T.C. Williams.
– Noah Taylor, OLB, Avalon (Gaithersburg, MD), CLASS OF 2018 COMMIT
The Black Knights (0-4) lost to Mount St. Joseph, 45-16. Archbishop Spalding is up next on September 23 as Taylor and company seek win no. 1 in the 2016 season.