The latest Week In Review, a look at how Virginia football recruits in the 2018 Class fared on the gridiron in the previous week.
Wide receivers Tavares Kelly (Hurricane Irma) and Wooby Theork (bye), offensive linemen Joe Bissinger (Hurricane Harvey) and Martin Weisz (Hurricane Irma), and linebackers Case Gatlin (bye) and Noah Taylor (bye) did not play.
– Wyatt Rector, QB, Leesburg (FL)
Rector’s four touchdowns weren’t enough as Leesburg (1-2) lost to East Ridge, 63-34. The future Cavalier signal caller’s final stat line was as follows: 19-41 for 271 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs; 13 carries, 54 yards, 2 TDs (stats per MaxPreps).
– Ugo Obasi, WR/DB, Milford Mill (Baltimore, MD)
The talented two-way player helped Milford Mill (1-1) capture a 46-14 win with four catches for 58 yards and two scores.
– Derek Devine, OL, North Allegheny (Wexford, PA)
North Allegheny (1-2) has now lost two straight after last week’s 14-7 defeat to Central Catholic.
– Bobby Haskins, OL, The Hun School (Princeton, N.J.)
In its season opener, The Hun School crushed Royal Imperial Collegiate by a score of 63-6. Stellar Prep is up next on September 16.
– Will Lawrence, OL, Harding Academy (Memphis, TN)
Lawrence and company fell to 0-4 in the 2017 season after last week’s loss to Bolivar Central.
– Emmett McNamara, OL/DL, Red Bank Catholic (Red Bank, N.J.)
Red Bank Catholic’s 2017 season began in strong fashion with a 47-10 victory over Middletown South last week.
– Bryce Ramer, DL, Beaver Area (PA)
After dominating its first two games of 2017, Beaver Area (2-1) dropped last week’s home contest to Aliquippa, 30-10.
– Samson Reed, DL, Kahuku (HI)
Kahuku’s undefeated record fell by the wayside last week with a 17-0 loss to Bingham.
– Javar Garrett, LB, The Peddie School (Hightstown, N.J.)
The Peddie School dropped its season opener to Washington (D.C.) prep school Gonzaga, 30-6.
– TC Harrison, LB, Collins Hill (Suwanee, GA)
Collins Hill (2-2) lost to Central Gwinnett in Double OT, 23-20. Per MaxPreps, Harrison finished with 10 tackles and a quarterback hurry in the loss. Collins Hill has a bye this week.
– Grant Misch, LB, Potomac Falls (VA)
Following two consecutive losses to open the season, Potomac Falls rebounded with a 40-21 victory over Riverside. Potomac Falls took control of this contest with a 34-point outburst in the second and third quarters.
– DJ Brown, DB, St. John’s College (Washington, D.C.)
St. John’s beat St. Joseph Regional (Montvale, N.J.), 42-25, to improve to 2-1. Brown, who recorded an interception in the win, showed he can cover a lot of ground quickly in the highlights below.
– Joseph White, DB, Landstown (Virginia Beach, VA)
The Eagles remain undefeated (3-0) after disposing of Kempsville, 53-6. White is being recruited by Virginia as a defensive back; however, he excelled on offense against Kempsville, hauling in four receptions for 83 yards and a touchdown. He also had a 17-yard touchdown rush.
– Hunter Pearson, PK/P, Seneca (S.C.)
Pearson connected on a 33-yard field goal, but Seneca (2-2) dropped a 21-17 decision to Powdersville.