With the July 4 holiday complete, it’s fewer than two months until kickoff for the Virginia football team. The Cavaliers open the season at Scott Stadium with William & Mary visiting on Sept. 4 at 7:30 p.m. The Hoos are looking for their fourth straight season with at least a .500 record for the first time since 2002-2005 in the early Al Groh years.
With multiple familiar names – starting quarterback Brennan Armstrong among them – there’s some excitement brewing for UVA fans this summer. Here are a few conversations from the football message board from the past week:
- Bronco says this will be his best offense ever at UVA. ~ hooshouse
- Lavel Davis is out for the year, correct? ~ EmbraceThePace
- Happy to have a promising PK, for the life of me … I will never understand how programs don’t prioritize one ‘ship every 2 -3 years for an elite PK. ~ hoos-mets
- CBS ACC coach rankings: Bronco holds @ #3. ~ Longlost
- Hoo would be a good UVA celebrity golfer to pair with Phil Mickelson? ~ D.C. Scott
Of course, if kickoff is growing closer, basketball season can’t be too far away either. Virginia announced the remainder of it’s schedule and the season opener is set for Tuesday, Nov. 9. That means it’s exactly four months from this edition of Fan Friday until tipoff! Here are some threads from the hoops message board this past week.
- Preston Willett reports UVA non conference schedule. ~ OscarR
- Google’s busted translation of an interesting seeming Caffaro interview. ~ Haney
- CTB getting a look at Isaac Traudt in action on the AAU circuit. ~ Chris Horne
- Tobey or Huff? An NBA team has to take one of the two. Which one do you choose for your team and why? ~ Saratoga Hoo
- On the jump, they asked what piece Celtics still need to contend. Kendrick Perkins talked up how they need to trade for Malcolm Brogdon. ~ HoozDaMan
And with that, let’s take a look at the weekly Fan Friday picks.
Fan(s) Of The Week
Go Hoos Go!
Student Fan(s) Of The Week
Wave your towel if you love the Hoos.
Feature Photo Of The Week
Tyler Fannin is now a graduate assistant at Georgia Southern.