Helmet logos courtesy of The Helmet Project
- Location: Lane Stadium, Blacksburg, VA
- Game Date: Saturday, Nov. 24
- Game Time: Noon
- T.V. Info: ESPNU
- Satellite Radio Info: Sirius 117, XM 190
- Exclusive Weather Updates: TheSabre.com’s Weather Page
- More Information: TheSabre.com’s Game Info Page
- Virginia Tech leads the all-time series 51-37-5, including wins in 12 of the last 13 meetings. The Hokies have won eight straight and 15 of the last 19.
- The 93 contests between the two teams ranks as Virginia’s second-most frequent opponent. UVa has faced North Carolina 117 times.
- Virginia’s senor linebackers rank among the ACC’s top tacklers this season. Steve Greer has posted 103 tackles this season, good enough for No. 2 in the ACC. La’Roy Reynolds has recorded 75 tackles despite missing 2.5 games with a hand injury earlier this season – that ranks No. 8 in the league.
- Virginia Tech’s Marcus Davis needs 142 yards to become the first VT player to post 1,000 yards receiving in a season.
- The winner of this game takes home the Commonwealth Cup, which was created in 1996 by the
schools. The Cup is made of marble and cherry wood, is four feet high, and weighs more than 100 pounds. The scores of all 92 games in the history of the series are engraved on the sides.
Luke Bowanko and the offensive line need to have a good week if UVa is going to beat VT.
Subscribe to read full story
Tired of low effort articles and clickbait? So are we. Subscribe to read great articles written by a full-time staff with decades of experience.
Already a subscriber? Login Here