Notice: Only variables should be passed by reference in /data/www/sportswar.com/wp-content/plugins/sportswar-core/amember/amember.php on line 125
Third-year head coach Mike London faced some adversity this recruiting season, but in the end the UVa football program managed to sign a quality group in the class of 2013. The class, ranked in the Top 30 nationally by two major recruiting outlets, features top playmakers such as 5-star running back Taquan Mizzell and 4-star corner Tim Harris while also filling key needs such as offensive line.
Numbers and Rankings
According to Rivals.com, UVa has the no. 27 class in the nation, no. 4 in the ACC. According to 247Sports, Virginia’s class is no. 29 in the country and no. 6 in the ACC. ESPN.com has UVa at no. 34 in the nation and no. 6 in the ACC, while Scout.com has the class at no. 40 overall and no. 6 in the ACC.
– Taquan “Smoke” Mizzell (no. 75) was the only UVa recruit to make ESPN’s Top 150, a ranking of the top 150 players in the nation.
– Sixteen 3-star recruits
– One 2-star recruit
– Mizzell (no. 29) and Harris (no. 179) made the Rivals250
– Mizzell was given 5-star status
– Two 4-star prospects in Kirk Garner and Harris
– Fourteen 3-star recruits
– Four 2-star recruits
– Mizzell (no. 116) made the Scout Top 300
– Two 4-star recruits in Mizzell and Harris
– Thirteen 3-star recruits
– Six 2-star recruits
– Mizzell (no. 62) and Harris (no. 141) made the Top 247
– Seven 4-star recruits including Mizzell, Harris, Malcolm Cook...
Subscribe to read full story
Tired of low effort articles and clickbait? So are we. Subscribe to read great articles written by a full-time staff with decades of experience.
Already a subscriber? Login Here